Let me start by saying that I watch far more TV than I should and that I don’t read enough. With all this in mind, I want to share what exactly I have been watching and reading in the month of July.
We got a subscription to Netflix and this has been really good for me because I don’t like watching Japanese TV all that much. However, I understand that watching TV in another language really helps your listening. So, we decided to subscribe to Netflix and watch programmes in Japanese that were originally in another language. This is working very well and I really like it. It is ¥950 a month which I think is pretty decent.
- Breaking Bad (Japanese)
- Scream: The TV Series (Japanese)
- Pretty Little Liars (English)
- The Killing (English with Japanese subtitles)
- Cowspiracy (English)
- Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead 1&2 (English)
- Living on One Dollar (English)
- Requiem for the American Dream (English)
Yeah, so as I said, too much TV which is really apparent now.
I like reading but I like to multitask. I like reading blogs and watching TV at the same time. Now, I know that people say this isn’t good for you and that you should enjoy and concentrate on the task you are completing, giving it your full attention. I do like this theory and when I look back at my childhood, this is how it was. Now, there is the constant need to be busy and doing more than one thing at a time. This is again, another change that I would like to make. For this very reason, watching in Japanese is good, as I do really need to concentrate on what’s being said in order to understand.
- Ghost Ahead – Spike Black
- Because She Loves Me – Mark Edwards
- The Almond Blossom Appreciation Society (The Lemons Trilogy) – Chris Stewart
- Wild: A Journey from Lost to Found – Cheryl Strayer (currently reading)
I really recommend the Lemons Trilogy if you haven’t read them. Really funny and insightful.
So, what have you been watching and reading?